Today people are living busy and challenging lives. Hearts Afire offers people a quick and easy way to enter into a peaceful interior reflection on their relationship with Christ.
The goal of Hearts Afire is to help bring the parish community more deeply into the burning love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the fire of love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The simplicity behind Hearts Afire is evident in all aspects of the program from concept to cost:
- Simple Implementation: Participants begin each week by reading a specific section from the retreat book, are guided through reflective questions in a workbook, gather weekly, meet in small groups for 30 minutes of discussion time, then reconvene in a large group for 30-45 minute lessons on DVD, and conclude with prayer. (The duration of the DVD lesson depends upon the program.)
- Designed for the Average Catholic: From the retreat books written by Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC, to the workbooks and talks on DVD, all materials are easy to understand and aimed directly at the faithful in the pew.
- Short in Length: Six- and ten-week retreat programs require approximately 90 minutes meeting time.
- Supportive Staff: One-on-one assistance is available at Hearts Afire to assist you.
- Cost: Cost to the participant is minimal and cost to parish is less than $50.
- Solidly Catholic: Follows Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magisterium; frequently cites the Catechism of the Catholic Church and writings of doctors of the Church and saints; approved by the Church as being free from error in faith and morals.
Will Consoling the Heart of Jesus stir a desire in our hearts for Holiness? Consoling the Heart of Jesus invites you to answer this question and more as we start a new series.
This group retreat on the devotion to the Sacred Heart, follows Fr. Michael Gaitley's book Consoling the Heart of Jesus and its accompanying group-retreat program on Divine Mercy. . This retreat gives us an awareness of God's infinite mercy and how we can give Him joy, showing us the way to console His heart by accepting His love and trusting in Him completely.
STARTING THURSDAY, JANUARY 23, 2020
EITHER 12:30 – 2:00 OR 6:30 – 8:00 PM
Order the Participants packet with book from shopmercy.org
For more information about Hearts Afire CLICK HERE